Medigap Plan B policies were created to meet basic supplemental health needs. The plans might help enrollees pay for additional medical expenses, which are a result of unexpected procedures and hospitalization.
Plan B is ideal for for enrollees who want more than Original Medicare coverage of hospital services but not foresee them as using these services.
Plan B will provide coverage for:
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayments
- First three pints of blood used in a medical procedure
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part A hospice care copayments or coinsurance
- Medicare Part A hospital and coinsurance costs up to an additional 365 days after Original Medicare benefits are exhausted
Medigap Plan B does not cover:
- Foreign travel emergency care
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Skilled Nursing Facility care coinsurance