5 Reasons Your Medicare Coverage Is Not ...

There’s a good chance that you thought you just needed to get Original Medicare coverage and you’d be all set. While Original Medicare is enough for some, most people need a little something extra. Find out why Original Medicare might not be enough for your needs. You Can’t Afford High Co-insurance Costs If you have Medicare Part B, you’ve likely experienced sticker shock at some point. Yes, this plan covers doctor’s bills, but the co-insurance obligation is high. Medicare Part B covers 80% of approved charges, leaving insurance holders with the other 20%. Fortunately,...

Why You Should Support Medicare for All:...

If you’ve watched the news or read the paper in the last several years, you’ve likely heard politicians talking about single-payer health care, also known as Medicare for All. If this system goes into effect, the government would be in charge of health insurance. It would cover all Americans, regardless of their income level, employment status, or age. This is largely touted as something that can help people of working age, but it also has huge benefits for seniors. An Easier Road to Retirement As people age, they can’t help but worry about retirement, and health care is...

3 Quick Tips to Avoid Medicare Scams

Healthcare fraud costs the nation an estimated $68 billion annually, according to The National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association. Medicare scams are becoming more frequent, which means consumers need to be aware of the telltale signs of health care fraud. The release of new Medicare ID cards has created more opportunities for scammers to commit medical identity theft and other Medicare scams to separate individuals from their money. Below are some of the most common Medicare scams and tips on how to avoid them. Scam #1: The scammer wants you to pay an activation fee The...

What the New Congress means for Medicare

While Congress may be a house divided, 2019 has shown to bode well for Medicare. As Medicare turns 53, it continues to strive to make improvements as it ages and it seems its 60 million members agree. Pulling in higher satisfaction rates than almost any other type of health insurance; it looks like Medicare will continue to adjust coverage to meet the needs of its members. Medicare Improvements in 2019 The changes to Medicare for 2019 are welcome improvements over what was implemented in 2018. Some of these changes affect everyone who is receiving benefits, while other...

Why Apple Wants to Bring Their Watch to ...

Apple has approached at least three private Medicare plan providers. But, it isn’t the iPhone the company wants the nearly 19 million private Medicare Advantage users to put in their pocket. Instead, Apple wants Medicare Advantage users to put their iWatch on their wrists. Apple, the favored technology brand for every generation, is now targeting the senior market. More specifically, Apple is zeroing in on individuals over the age of 65 who have, or will, purchase a Medicare Advantage plan. The Medicare Advantage marketplace is massive with more than $350 billion in...