Do you need an insurance policy to help cut
down on your growing Medicare costs in 2016?
Find Affordable
Medicare Insurance
It’s free and without any obligations

5 Reasons Your Medicare Coverage Is Not Enough

There’s a good chance that you thought you just needed to get Original Medicare coverage and you’d be all set. While Original Medicare is enough for some, most people need a little something extra. Find out why Original Medicare might not be enough for your needs.

  • You Can’t Afford High Co-insurance Costs

If you have Medicare Part B, you’ve likely experienced sticker shock at some point. Yes, this plan covers doctor’s bills, but the co-insurance obligation is high. Medicare Part B covers 80% of approved charges, leaving insurance holders with the other 20%. Fortunately, Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) helps cover co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles, making health care much more affordable for people.

  • You Need Prescription Drugs

Prescription drug coverage is important when getting an insurance policy. You might not be on any prescriptions today, but it’s likely that you will be someday, and you need the proper coverage.

Original Medicare Part A and Part B don’t include a standard prescription drug plan. Some drugs, such as injectable and infused drugs, are covered with Medicare Part B, but the coverage is minimal, and you can end up paying lots out of pocket if you have to fill a prescription.

You do have options outside of Original Medicare. You can enroll in Medicare Part D, which is the prescription drug plan, or you can sign up for a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers prescription drug coverage.

  • You Require Dental and Vision Checkups

Original Medicare doesn’t include dental and vision insurance. While some procedures might be covered, it is not the same as having standard dental and vision insurance. Many people turn to Medicare Advantage plans that include vision and dental, so they can take care of all their needs under one policy. Keep in mind that not all Medicare Advantage plans cover dental and vision, though, so check the policy before making a purchase.

  • You’re Concerned About Long-Term Care

Medicare does an excellent job of helping people afford doctor’s visits and hospital stays, but it lacks when it comes to long-term care. Many people choose to get a supplemental insurance plan to cover long-term care costs in the event they become incapacitated. Waiting until the time comes puts the burden on the family.

  • You Need Hearing Aids

As you age, it becomes increasingly likely that you’ll need to get hearing aids. Hearing aids can cost thousands of dollars a year and are not covered by Original Medicare. Some Medicare Advantage plans cover hearing aids, and you can also enroll in a health savings account to handle the costs. This will make it much easier to afford hearing aids.

Get All the Coverage You Need

Medicare is an excellent option for health insurance. Start with a Medicare policy and then add supplemental plans and other features to provide you with all the protection you need.

Get help picking out your plan by calling (877) 829-1109. A licensed Medicare agent will walk you through the process. You can also shop for Medicare policies online.